- Date September 4, 2022
Healthy vision is one of the most important components of your child’s wellness. Vision develops rapidly starting at birth and is tied to many developmental milestones, such as hand-eye coordination and reading. In the long term, your child’s vision will impact how they learn, play, and interact with the world.
It is not always easy to spot vision problems in kids. While there may be some obvious signs of visual disorders, many vision problems can only be detected by a qualified eye doctor during a comprehensive eye exam. Some symptoms are more obvious, like squinting or holding reading materials very close, but often the early signs are subtle and can even be misdiagnosed.
Your child may be experiencing a vision problem if he or she does any of the following:
- Avoids reading and close-up work like coloring or doing puzzles
- Seems to work slow or not understand the task
- Complains of fatigue or headaches
- Has a short attention span or seems distracted
- Covers one eye or tilts head when focusing on something
- Shows sensitivity to light
- Exhibits difficulty with coordination
Schedule an appointment at MedX Optical, and give your child the gift of clear vision.